Friday 7 March 2014

Have you met Zoe? I love her very much.

I drive an Electric car.

So I own a lovely White shiny Renault Zoe. This is a 100% Electric car. I shall apologies now is if I call the car she, she is part of the family and we love her.



It too a lot of patience to get her but now we have her I wouldn't look back. 
What is different about an electric car. Well it is powered by electric and not petrol, therefore I have to plug it in to get mileage. We have a charger in our garage and also use chargers when out and about such as a supermarkets or motorway service stations.
We get around 80 miles distance in the winter and around 100 miles in the summer. I know this would not suit everyone but me and my husband have a less than 20 mile return commute to work. We also combine charging the car with the use of our solar panels.



A normal home charge takes around 3 hours and costs about £2.50. Therefore the cost is about 4p a mile. I do not know of any other vehicles that can match anywhere near that. We have also started using the Superchargers at our local services and these are free to use, are powered by sustainable electricity and take around 30 minutes.

Also she is a joy to drive, Before we go this car my husband would automatically walk to the drivers side of the car as I would never voluntarily drive anywhere. Now we argue who is driving and usually resort to one there and the other back. She is silent to drive and usually you can only hear her if the radio is on inside the car or we have the heater on to keep warm. The car is automatic and the smoothest drive I know.

The car is classed as being a super mini, but is spacious on the inside. The boot is quite large to and can fit in a wheelchair and shopping besides. The seating is comfy and firm and the leg room is better than our old car.

Yes we do have the second car that is a petrol car, but I can honestly say since we took delivery of Zoë in September we have put petrol in this twice. That car is only for use when we have more than an 80 mile trip, or where we are going do not have chargers. 


We are even planning a holiday to Cornwall this year and we shall be taking Zoë. and staying in a cottage where there is a charger.

I do understand that this type of car is not for everyone, and that Zoe is suitable for my lifestyle. There is a great community of EV car drivers and I am very proud of being one of those people.


There are a number of Ev cars on the market and over the years to come there will be many more no doubt. My aim is one day to be a Tesla car driver but right now I love my Renault Zoe.


No comments:

Post a Comment