Friday 18 July 2014

Days Out: Wentworth Garden Centre.

This is not your typical garden centre. There is lots and lots to do. With the garden centre, shops, lovely cafe, Large gardens, and Farm there we spent about 4 hours here.

I have previously been here but only on a short visit and I had said I would like to go back when the weather was better to have a look around the gardens.
On arrival we went and paid our admission, this was £3 for 2 people and off we went. Picking up a map as we went. 



Once inside the gardens we attempted the Maze. I don't have the best of luck with mazes and I am scared I will get lost. (I have once been in a maze for 2 hours looking for the exit) This one wasn't too bad we were out in 15 mins.



Then as you are all probably aware I have a thing about benches, I not only take pictures of them but I love to sit and have a rest and enjoy my surroundings. Well there were lots of lovely benches and surroundings on this trip.



We spent about an hour in the gardens and had a nice time seeing all of the varying areas. Well worth the entry fees.



Then dinner time, off to the cafe we go, there is a large selection and at good prices. The food is not the quickest but is made to order so is very fresh and hot. With a large indoor and outdoor seating area. On this visit I had learnt that I like pomegranates but I don't like Pims. All finished off with A pot of tea and a Jam and Cream scone.





After this we went to the farm, the farm is £5 for 2 people and 40p for animal food. There are a number of animals. My favorites being of course the piggies followed by my friend the counting pony. Also inside the farm there is a children's play area that is not as busy due to being for people who have paid for farm entry.



The garden centre was well stocked, but I think the prices were quite high, (even for a garden centre) There was a local fruit and veg stall, butchers and a deli on site.

There are a number of things you can do in this area. I would give yourself a few hours if you wanted to do the whole centre. I will be going back.


Speak Soon


Nicola x

1 comment:

  1. I don't like Pims either! You are in good company ;o)

    ReplyDelete